I made a fair bit of progress this year on the house. The first part of the season was taken up by gardening and tending the grapes, so I wasn't able to start working on the house until about June, when I started by finishing the last section of earthen floor. Last year I wasn't able to finish the section of floor under the batteries below the stairs, so I moved the batteries and finally finished that section. Finishing this section was key to being able to continue the interior construction of the bathroom, which was to be tucked under the stairs.
Another project I worked on fairly early in the season was doing the fascia and soffit and the shingling on the gable ends. The scaffold had been set up all winter and I was anxious to get it out of the way so I could see the house. It was a while before I could move it though. But I'm really pleased with how everything turned out. I did this fishscale design with the wooden shakes. It wasn't that hard to shape each piece of wood and nail it in place, and it added a lot of character to the house.